Tuesday, December 2, 2008

no TV

So, of course the day that Berkley is at a clinic and had the car all day, the cable goes out. That's right folks, no TV. On a day like today when Tanner and I are at home all day I usually like to have the TV on. You know, watch a little Today Show, maybe some Sesame Street. Then of course some Oprah in the afternoon or a little Colbert Report re-run. Let's face it, I'm not that busy of a person. So without a TV, Tanner and I got a lot done. It turned out to be a very productive and fun day. I think I need more days like this. And I probably will since they're not coming til Friday to fix it. Here's what we did:


We raked all the leaves in the backyard. I thought it would be a quick job, but it took 2 hours!



We ate cake... well just the frosting. He is definitly mine!


We shot some hoops.








And we worked on the basement. We're almost done painting. All we have left is to replace the ceiling tiles.




6 comments:

Jen and Tyson said...

No TV! Thats like having no power for a whole week! I feel for you! Way to go on the backyard - it looks really good!!! :) and yea for cake well - yea for yummy frosting - we know thats the only reason we even eat cake!! :)

Kate Edmondson said...

Wow, I'm amazed by everything you got done with Tanner around. We never have TV and I NEVER can get that much done! Of course, we do have internet, which is about the same as a TV set.

Have you tried Mighty Machines out on Tanner yet? You should check out the show, he would love it. Josh actually asks to watch it now, and I don't mind it as much as some other shows he likes.

Kris and Kally said...

The basement looks awesome! And I'm thrilled to see that Tanner is a little baller! And the frosting...oh the joys of frosting. In fact...I might go eat some right now! Tasty!

James and Jessica Ford said...

Your kid has gotten so big! SOmetimes it just hits you with a bang. Y9ou look at someone and think, "wow, where did the time go?" That's what I just did with little Tanner. Crazy. WHat a fun day. But like you, it's nice to have background noise.

Jenae said...

We are voluntarily canceling our tv, and I am a little bit nervous, but seeing this post gives me hope!!

Dr. LaRisse Skene said...

BACHELOR STARTS MONDAY!!!
I so wish I was there to come over and watch it with you!!!
Tune in and we will chat later.
xoxo
L