So my husband earned major points this month! A few weeks ago, we flew up to Utah for a week of fun vacation. Little did I know, Berkley had been planning a surprise girls get-away weekend for me. He made plans with my friend, Buffy, for the two of us to go back to Philly for a quick visit. So, our first morning in Utah, I woke up to my friend walking in our room and handing me a boarding pass. It was a whirlwind, but so much fun! We also got to surprise our friend Emily by showing up on her doorstep... and then letting her know we would be crashing in her basement. It's been a year since we've all been together. Our husbands definitely pulled through with this fun Mother's Day Weekend. Thanks you guys!!! And thanks Buffy and Emily!

It was great to go back and see the ward. I felt like I was home... This year has flown by!

Brenda and Kenny
We had so much fun, but of course I didn't take enough pictures. It was so great to go back one more time and say another round of goodbyes. Since it was so chaotic when we moved, this was a great trip for "closing" that chapter in our lives. Thanks Philly! We'll see you in a few years for the temple dedication!
Then, we flew back to Utah and met back up with Berkley. We got to see Corbin's new office and even got some work done. :) Thanks Dr. S.

Then, on to Vernal. While I was away, Barbara cut Berkley and Tanner's hair. I thought there might be a few of you out there that would appreciate this picture. They saved the hair so I could see.... seriously, you could make a wig out of that. How did I let my dentist husband go that long without a cut? Nice.

Since we couldn't get together with the Halls for Easter, we celebrated in May this year. Tanner thought it was awesome to have 2 easters.

Tradition in this family is to dye eggs and the go up to "chocolate rock" and roll them down the hill. What? I don't know how this started. But, who cares.... how much fun does that sound? It was awesome!



Here's what the hillside looked like after our fun. The local wildlife ate well that night.


Even the new baby Slade cousins got in on the action.

Tanner with his loot from the candy hunt.

Thanks Halls for a great visit and for watching Tanner for so long. It was heaven.
2 comments:
What a great surprise!!! Emily told me you girls had a blast. Hope we can all reunite at the Philly open house in a few years...
Oh chocolate rock. I've been there once too. What else do these crazy Vernal people come up with?!? :) Fun times. I love reading about you guys. Hope we can get together in Vernal sometime soon.
Post a Comment