Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New England

This past weekend Berkley's parents came out and we headed up to New England. It was beautiful up there - the leaves were at their peak. We drove up to Vermont the first day.


Here we are in Sharon, VT at Joseph Smith's birthplace.


Then we went to Morse Farm where they harvest maple syrup... yummy!


Tanner got to pick out his first pumpkin!


He picked a great one. Thanks Grandma!


On to the Ben and Jerry's factory. Phish Food is still the best.



After a little sidetrip through New Hampshire and Maine, we drove through Salem and down to Boston. I loved Boston... it is so much cleaner than Philly! And being a history buff, there was a lot to see. We'll have to go back someday to spend a little more time there.


Paul Revere


The Old North Church



The next day we went through Rhode Island and Connecticut. We stopped here in Guilford. It was the perfect little Conn town by the shore.



Thanks Berk and Barbara for coming out. We had a great time. Glad we can now check those states off the list!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds fun. That is what is so awesome about living back east, you can easily travel to other states. You guys hit a ton. I love boston also. You could easily spend a week there. Is Berkeley looking for a place to work yet? Are you guys trying to go back to Cali?

Rachel said...

I don't know what it is... maybe it's the coat or the expression on his face...but Tanner looks so grown up in that picture sitting on the pumpkins. We need to see you again :)

Elizabeth Checchio said...

You guys are crazy! i have no idea how to go to the grocery store with a child, let alone travel three states. I love boston too, such a small town feel for a big city.

Natalie said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! Let me know if you go up again, and I'll be a stow away in your trunk. :)

Kris and Kally said...

So fun! I love it up there! And I swear Tanner is getting cuter by the day! Adorable! You look great too Mer! Love you!