Friday, May 2, 2008

Tanner's first injury

So today was a little traumatic for me. Tanner fell down the stairs in our backyard... wood stairs off our back porch onto the cement patio. It was like slow motion. He only cried for about 30 seconds and then was fine, except for this lovely scratch. However, I was a wreck. I felt like the worst mom. How could I have let this happen? I'm lucky that Tanner is such a stud and took it like a man. He was so tough! He definitely did not get that from me.




Oh so sad!

5 comments:

Generational stitcher said...

At least he made it this long! Adam fell down the stairs 3 times in a matter of like 2 days when he was about 10 months old...it was so sad...for me...he thought it was kinda cool...at least they are little and don't remember! Keep you chin up!! :) Unfortunately they seem to only get worse :(

Jenae said...

I know how you feel... Ashlin fell out of the Shopping cart when she was 1 head first on the cement floor... I fell down our stairs holding Rachel when she was like 4 months. The girls were fine both times with not even a mark on them, but I was an absolute reck. That's one of the hard parts about Motherhood.

Jenae said...

sorry, i have to correct my spelling error... absolute wreck... thats what I meant to type.

Ryan and Laura said...

You really posted it! Sorry three people beat me to commenting, but I heard the story first ;) Hope he heals quickly- and you too. Being a mom definitely isn't about whose kid has more scratches. So good to talk to you- hope to do it again soon.

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Poor little guy!